PRIVATE TRUFFLE HUNT
6 – 20 people | 10.30am – 12.30pm (suggested time)
- Private Truffle Hunt with experienced truffle dog handler
- Tour one of New Zealand’s oldest and most scenic Truffieres
- Coffee, tea and truffle treat
- Treat yourself by purchasing fresh truffles and truffle products direct from the source! Due to internet connectivity, we can only accept cash.
- Optional Extras and suggestions:
- Arrange for local chef to be onsite and create a truffle menu to your liking (must book at least one month prior)
- Option to bring your own food and beverages (gas bbq available for use, no power on site)
- Make it a day in North Canterbury and visit one, or a few, local wineries for tastings along the way
- Hunts are timed to fit in with truffle lunch at local wineries, Black Estate or Pegasus Bay restaurants
- Special occasion? There is a helicopter pad on site so why not take the scenic route in and follow the stunning gorge up to the secluded truffle site
PRICE : $110 per person. Minimum of 6 people
Optional Extras: will be quoted in addition and at request.
Please make yourself aware of our Terms + Conditions here.
We will always endeavour to tailor our experience to suit your group best, please contact us to discuss and book.
Kumiko’s Guest House
Located right in the heart of the beautiful wine region of North Canterbury – home to Kings Truffles and walking distance from Black Estate restaurant who create some of the best truffle menus around. They offer the perfect luxury accommodation option in this special corner of paradise. The haven amongst the vineyards can accommodate up to six guests, with all the touches of thoughtful attention that will let you unwind and enjoy your stay
Head over to Kumiko’s for further details and bookings
Black Estate B&B
A beautiful B & B at Black Estate’s organic Home vineyard, located on the ground floor of their architecturally designed building. The cellar door and lunch time restaurant are in the opposite end of this building. The views are vast, expanding from the garden and vineyard to the majestic Southern Alps. The restaurant closes at 6pm so you’ll have the place & sunset to yourselves.
What better way to end a day of hunting truffles, followed by delicious food (with your truffle of course) and wine, then to walk to your accommodation and relax!
Head over to Black Estate for further details and bookings